Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What I found at the bookstore this week.





Stopped by at st. mark's bookshop on my walk home the other day. Got curious about this book just because it was all about female musicians and I myself happen to identify somewhat with female musicians. Björk was in it, she got 2 pages. And then look who I randomly found in the last chapter. It's something about stylish people who go watch bands play. I was at an Ecstatic Sunshine/ Dirty Projectors show in my hood that particular night. But of course the book says something completely different and nonsensical. I got 1 whole page though. Therefore I am now 50% as famous as Björk.

Oh and I had to pay $30 for this, what a lousy deal.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Atli Sig said...

Djöfull hefðirðu átt að fá þetta blað frítt.

May 9, 2008 at 11:35 PM  
Blogger Júlía said...

þetta er bók. svona þykk alvuru bók. ég hefði örugglega getað hnuplað þessu ef þetta væri blað. neinei ég geri ekki svoleiðis.

May 10, 2008 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger Atli Sig said...

Kjáni get ég verið. Þú tekur sérstaklega fram "this book" en samt held ég að þetta sé blað. Kannski af því að lítur bara svolítið út eins og eitt af þessum virkilega þykku tímaritum þar sem 80% af blaðsíðunum eru auglýsingar, eins og t.d. Cosmo.

Þú hefðir samt átt að fá bókina ókeypis.

May 12, 2008 at 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the photographer was thinking, "I see you, and I just want to dance with you,"

"Num"-ing on the haunches of New York's regulars.

And I have to add I love the long hair! A big change from the bowl. I do miss the bowl.

June 16, 2008 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger Orri said...

Ég rakst á þessa bók í fáranlega hipp bókabúð í soho (í london, eru ekki líka soho í NY eða einvherstaðar?) þar sem voru eigilega bara bækur með kínverskum og sovéskum áróðursveggspjöldum eða ógeðslega listrænum ljósmyndum af alsberufólki, hversdagslífi í japan.
Ég fletti þessari bók í nokkrar mínútur og las smá en sá ekki myndina af þér :( (en sá þó björk, kim gordon, lily allen og fleiri)
ég er samt ekki að þú sért ekki í bókinni.

June 19, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home