Monday, December 1, 2008

PATIENTLY PATIENTLY

Over Thanksgiving I went up to Westchester with Alex Fitzgerald and Taylor Hand to spend the holiday with Alex's family. It was wonderfully relaxing and magical and I didn't take any picture because I'm not as cool as I used to be or something. We just ate food and watched TV forever AND JUMPED ON THE TRAMPOLINE I L<3VE THE TRAMPOLINE SO MUCH and we petted all the giant dogs a lot. and we baked many desserts. and I wish I could do these things every day of my life forever.

Technically I could always decide to move back in with my parents and maybe get some kind of minimum-effort-required job and then do nothing but eat and watch movies and pet my cat and bake in my spare time. I could just do those things and try to not think about anything and not worry about going out or buying stuff or meeting people. I could pretend that concepts like "art" and "new york city" and "cool people" didn't exist. My parents might be a little disappointed in me and it might make me a little bit crazier than I already am but I know they wouldn't stand in my way if I really wanted to do this.

just a thought.

anyway, now I'm home and completely overwhelmed with everything I need to do for the next 22 days and sad and overwhelmed and paralyzed and sad. Andrew is still in Omaha.

which makes me just sit and think my thought and not do anything. except eat banana cream pie and drink water with lime juice and play Mappy. I got to round 6 today.



Andrew and I found a roommate for next semester. I have plans for next semester. I am trying to think about how they are good plans but I'm mostly scared of them.

... a thought.

---

Here is the advice section:

If you want me to like you don't ever call me at 7 in the morning on a Sunday when you're drunk and have nothing of great importance to say.

---

Here is where I ask you for advice:

what should I do?

---

Here's a video, remarkable mainly for the fact that it was the first and only you-tube video my mom ever sent to me. I am so proud of my mom for being so technologically advanced and cool. (My dad is too just in different ways).

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kaela said...

i think even if you went back to living in your parents house and did nothing but watch t.v. and play mappy and pet your cat and eat banana cream pie and jump on a trampoline and work some lazy parttime job, and stopped buying things or taking pictures you would still be pretty cool. i think that your coolness (and coolness in general) comes out of being very perceptive and funny about life, and you would still be perceptive and funny even if all you were doing was being perceptive and funny about your latest banana cream pie adaptation, your cat's habits, your mind-numbing job, what's on tv. so anyway. you'd still be ok.

your thanksgiving DID sound nice. i think i said this before but i basically spent mine on the internet. which was nice in its own way too.

December 2, 2008 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Kaela said...

as a sidenote, i also think it's inevitable that things would get exciting again at some point. tides of good times come in and out, in my personal experience.

December 2, 2008 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Júlía said...

thank you kaela :)

December 2, 2008 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Hæ! Pabbi minn er líka búin að kynna sér jútjúb og er eiginlega með það á heilanum. Það er krúttlegt og pirrandi á sama tíma. Ég hlakka til að fá þig heim um jólin. Við getum bakað eftirrétti ef þú vilt. Eða þú veist þú bakar og ég borða...

December 4, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home