Friday, February 27, 2009

Ptarmigan / Grouse

I can't believe I didn't post this earlier. I completely forgot. But I forget many interesting things.

Here's a video I shot of my mother while she was preparing the birds for our Christmas dinner. I find it quite fascinating. My mother is a real game-skinning, bone-breaking woman.

My cat is also in the video. She is a real cat.



For those of you who don't speak Icelandic: mama and I are just sort of chit-chatting, although she does say how her mother taught her to skin the birds via telephone.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger taylorhand said...

is there a bunny on her shirt? a wide-eyed bunny?

+fantastic

March 2, 2009 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger Vera said...

Hæ, þú þarft núna að breyta linkinum mínum (veraveraknuts.blogspot.com) manstu og helst að hjálpa mér að gera linka og almennilegt kommentakerfi... ertu ekki til í það?

P.s. Gott vidjó. Mamma þín er sæt.

March 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Júlía said...

taylor: yes. yes. yes :)

vera: skal gert, og alveg til í það!

March 9, 2009 at 1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home